Wed 11 Apr 2018: Guidance on Completing Pre-Registration
This notice does not apply to the Jubilee Challenge, which will receive requests to Pre-Register direct from Exeter University Officer Training Corps.
Ten Tors Challenge Pre-Registration is now open and close at 2359hrs Tuesday 1 May 18.
Last year, Team Managers, who had pre-registered accurately, progressed through Registration significantly more quickly than those who required amendments; the main faults were team participants’ names missing and dates of birth not entered.
Please note that the information that you enter is stored securely and is not made available to you or anyone else until Registration on Fri 11 May 18.
Below, for Team Managers, is a step by step guide.
- Check that the list of teams at Ten Tors Teams is correct. Let us know by email if it isn’t.
- If you are going to have to withdraw a team, please e mail as soon as you know. We are over the limit at the moment and there are still a few competent teams desperate to be given the opportunity to take part in the Challenge.
- In the menu, go to the ‘Ten Tors Challenge’ tab then your ‘Dashboard’ and
log in with the email address and password you use. Don’t leave this to the last minute; start filling in the Pre-Registration fields now to ensure you have access and know what is required.
- At the bottom of the Dashboard, there is a section listing your teams. If you have more than one team at a distance they will have been differentiated with A or B. Click to access the Pre-Registration form for each of your teams.
- Each team is pre-populated with the Team name, and your name and mobile phone number from the information you have entered on the database. If they are incorrect click on the link back to ‘Your Dashboard’ and amend. They will then be updated automatically on the Pre-Registration form.
- Add your Deputy’s name and mobile phone number. If you have more than one team, it is sensible to nominate a different Deputy for each team in case they all finish in quick succession.
- Enter the name, date of birth and pre-existing medical conditions of the Team Leader. The format for dates of birth is dd/mm/yyyy (eg 05/11/2002). The age of participants will be checked automatically against the Ten Tors Rules. If it is not within the parameters, you will be alerted by the outline of the box turning red when you ‘Save Progress’. Only complete the ‘Experience’ field if you have been asked to or, for the 55 mile Challenge, if the participant is 17 years old and has completed 35 or 45m Challenges to qualify to participate in the 55 mile Challenge a year early.
- Completing the Medical Notes with pre-existing medical conditions, medications used and allergies is vital information for the Ten Tors’ doctors and paramedics. Please be accurate and comprehensive – if in doubt include it. This information will only be made available to Medical Practitioners in the event of an emergency and will not be used to screen participants’ suitability to attempt the Challenge. Do not enter any other information in this field. If the participant does not have a pre-existing medical condition, then do not put anything in the field.
- Enter, in any order, information for the remaining 5 team members.
- Click on ‘Save progress’ at the bottom of the page. If all fields marked with an asterisk ‘*’ have been completed, and the dates of birth are within the Ten Tors Rules, the information will be saved. If not the problem areas will be highlighted with a red line around the box.
- If you wish to print out your Pre-Registration, click on ‘View a summary of all team details’ from the Dashboard. The link opens a web page with a simple list of the details entered. You can either look, save or print it (using the link in your browser menu, usually File > Print or Right Click > Print).
- You can check that your Pre-Registration has been completed by checking that there is a tick on the Team List.
- A few additional fields will be added by Tue 17 Apr 18 requiring anonymous, quantitative ethnic information of participants.
Information can be added or changed at any time up to 2359 hours Tuesday 1 May 18 when Pre-Registration closes and is removed from the website. Should any changes be required after this, you will need to make the amendments at Registration in Okehampton Camp on Fri 11 May 18. This will take some time and impose delay on you while the Management Information System is updated and forms are reprinted.
This information will be held during the Event on the Ten Tors Management Information System and most will be destroyed after the Event. Only the Establishment, Team Manager’s and Group Leader’s details will be retained in the secure database ready for 2019.
If you need to contact the Ten Tors Team please do so by email to SWHQ-TenTors-MAILBOX@mod.gov.
Last updated 19/04/2018