Welcome to Ten Tors 2019
Welcome to the Ten Tors 2019 web site. You can look back on Ten Tors 2018 and previous years in the archive.
TT Secretary's Notices
Tue 30 Oct 2018 — Free Tents
As you are aware, Gift Your Gear supports Ten Tors and in addition to supplying us with personal clothing and equipment for our teams, it also co-ordinates the allocation of donated tents (both large and small). Simply use the link; here and follow the instructions (you will have to collect yourself).
Tue 16 Oct 2018 — Ten Tors 18 Team Awards
If your establishment was not awarded a Team Certificate after Ten Tors 18, please email the Ten Tors Secretary on TenTors-MAILBOX@mod.gov.uk.
Thu 11 Oct 2018 — Clothing and Equipment
The Manadatory Clothing and Equipment 2018 Annex B.
The Clothing and Equipment Guidance 2018 has been updated, it can be read here.
Fri 5 Oct 2018 — Additional Rules
A considerable amount of work has been conducted by the Ten Tors Committee, to ensure that the Ten Tors Rules are easier to understand by all participating in both the Ten Tors Challenge and the Jubilee Challenge. Below are number of cards with addition rules designed to assist with a safe Ten Tors Challenge 2019:
Pink Card – Rules for Participants
Orange Card – Rules for Team Staff
Green Card – Rules for Training on Dartmoor
These cards will explained during the Team Managers Brief, which is being held on the 13 Oct 2018.
Wed 3 Oct 2018 — Ten Tors Briefing Day
The Establishments selected to take part in Ten Tors 19 are listed here: http://www.tentors.org.uk/tentors/ten-tors-teams for the Ten Tors Challenge (TTC) and here: http://www.tentors.org.uk/jubilee/jubilee-challenge-teams for the Jubilee Challenge (JC). If you have not been allocated the place(s) you requested you will have been added to the Reserve List. We can accept teams from the reserve list as close as 3 weeks before the Event and in 2017 more than 50 teams originally on the reserve list took part.
The next step is to attend the mandatory Briefing Day on 13 Oct 18 at Okehampton Camp, EX20 1QP. Consider the following when choosing your representation:
- Representatives must be available in Okehampton Camp for the whole of the period 0900 – 1600 on 13 Oct 18; except in exceptional circumstances early departure will result in forfeiture of the Establishment’s place(s) on Ten Tors.
- Only one representative is permitted per Establishment.
- It is expected that Representatives will be present at Okehampton Camp for the duration of the Ten Tors Event in May 19.
- Attendance is mandatory even if Establishments are only on the Reserve List; exceptions will not be given.
The programme for the day can be found here. Please note that in contrast to previous years car passes will not be issued and there is no cost to attend the briefing.
What to do next:
- Read through the Ten Tors Rules here. These have been updated and therefore should be studied closely.
- Study the guidance Booklet (http://www.tentors.org.uk/training/managers-booklet ) noting that this is in the process of being updated.
- Print off the Assurance & Attendance Certificate here, arrange for completion and hand it in on arrival on 13 Oct 18.
- Ensure you allow plenty of time to travel to Okehampton Camp: the entrance will be busy! Also be aware that some GPS systems do not give accurate directions to the Camp so in the finest traditions of Ten Tors use them as an aid to navigation – the Camp is well signed from Okehampton Town Centre.
We look forward to seeing you at the Briefing and if you have any queries please email us at SWHQ-TenTors-MAILBOX@mod.gov.uk