TT Secretary's Notices
Fri 1 Oct 2021 — Selection and Team Managers' Brief
The Ten Tors (TT) Selection Committee met on 29 Sep and completed the team selection for TT22. We had a very high number of entries for the Event this year and unfortunately a number of requests for the Ten Tors Challenge have had to be placed on the reserve list. Team allocations are shown on the Teams page for each challenge on the website.
The next step is to attend the mandatory Team Managers’ Brief on 9 Oct 2021 at Okehampton Camp, EX20 1QP for all selected, provisional and reserve Team Managers. Representatives must be available for the whole of the Brief; early departure will result in forfeiture of the Establishment’s place(s) on TT22. The programme for the Brief is:
Only one representative is permitted per Establishment, even if you have teams participating in both Challenges.
What to do next:
· Print Attendance Certificate (here) complete and hand it in on arrival on 9 Oct 21. The Head of Establishment form will be completed and submitted online at a later date.
· Ensure you allow plenty of time to travel to Okehampton Camp: the entrance will be busy! Also be aware that some GPS systems do not give accurate directions to the Camp so in the finest traditions of Ten Tors use them as an aid to navigation – the Camp is well signed from Okehampton Town Centre.
We look forward to seeing you at the Briefing and if you have any queries, please email us at SWHQ-TenTors-MAILBOX@mod.
Wed 29 Sep 2021 — Ten Tors 22 Team Managers’ Brief – COVID 19 Guidance
The Ten Tors team will be holding a mandatory Team Managers’ Brief for all Team Managers at Okehampton Camp on Sat 9th Oct 21. In order to do this we have carefully planned and sought advice on how to ensure the safety of those organising and attending the Brief. To minimise risk and keep us all safe we would like to request the following:
- Within the 24 hour period prior to the Brief all supporting staff and attendees are to conduct a Lateral Flow Device (LFD) Test. Anyone who receives a positive result or is symptomatic is requested to NOT ATTEND the Brief and email the Ten Tors Team using SWHQ-TenTors-MAILBOX@mod.gov.
uk to inform them and get guidance on how to proceed. All those testing negative will be asked to make a declaration to that effect when at the Brief. LFD tests are quick and can provide results within an hour. They are self-administered and can help identify individuals who have high levels of the virus and are not showing symptoms. A negative result does not guarantee the test subject is free of COVID-19 therefore strict adherence to wider COVID-secure measures must always be maintained if transmission is to be prevented. If you do not have them, advice on how to order LFD tests online is available at this link: Order coronavirus (COVID-19) rapid lateral flow tests - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
- We encourage everyone, unless exempt, to wear face coverings when within any building on Okehampton Camp, including whilst the Brief is being delivered. Presenters will not wear a face covering whilst speaking to ensure effective communication, but will ensure social distancing is maintained.
- Hand sanitiser will be made available to all, and may be used as frequently as desired.
- Whilst we appreciate that space is limited, we would encourage social distancing whenever possible.
- To avoid unnecessary contact, we will not be providing drinks. Please feel free to bring your own hot and cold drinks with you. We will be providing a complimentary hot roll to all.
Wed 8 Sep 2021 — Rule Change - Team Managers Brief
The Event Coordinator and the Ten Tors Committee have decided that all Team Managers must attend this year’s Team Managers Brief in person regardless of previous years attended. It will be held in Okehampton Camp on Saturday the 09 Oct 21. Attendance at the TM’s Brief is mandatory and failure to attend will result in Establishments being de-selected from the Event.
Welcome to Ten Tors 2022.
The Ten Tors team and I are tremendously excited to announce and open applications for the Ten Tors 2022 Event. This year is especially significant following the unavoidable cancellation and disappointment for the last two years. However, we were pleased so many took part in the Virtual Event and I hope this enabled your teams to plan and take part in a worthy event in the spirit of the Ten Tors. I look forward to working with you and welcoming you and your teams back to Okehampton Camp and onto Dartmoor in 2022.
Wed 1 Sep 2021 — Team entries and Secretary's points
When - The Ten Tors Event 2022 (TT22) will be held from the 06 – 08 May 22.
Entries – Establishments may now submit entries for TT22 through the TM's Dashboard, and the closing date is the 24 Sep 21. Entries received after this date may result in your establishment not being allocated the teams requested. Prior to applying for teams, please ensure you read the updated Rules (particularly Annex C).
Cost - The Ten Tors Policy Committee has agreed that the entry fees for TT22 shall remain at:
- Ten Tors Challenge £180 per team
- Ten Tors Jubilee Challenge £15 for each participant
Team Managers’ (TMs) Brief – This year’s TMs Brief will be held on the 09 Oct 21. Attendance at the TMs Brief is mandatory and failure to attend will result in establishments being de-selected from the Event. We are planning to run it this year at Okehampton Camp, however, this may change to a virtual brief if required.
COVID 19 – Please ensure that, if relevant, you comply with your organisation’s policy and guidance in relation to the COVID 19 pandemic.
2021 Virtual Event - Establishments can continue to plan and complete their own Virtual Event activities. Medals and certificates will be available until 31 Oct 21, and once a Virtual Event has been completed the TM can apply for medals and certificates via the application form here. For more information on the Virtual Event, please have a look under the information tab on the website.
Enquiries - Any questions regarding Ten Tors can be emailed to SWHQ-TenTors-MAILBOX@mod.gov.
Fri 21 May 2021 — Free engagement activities
The Royal Navy and the British Army are pleased to offer free engagement activities to schools, colleges and youth groups in the South West. PSB for further details and contact information.