TT Secretary's Notices
Thu 3 Jan 2019 — Ten Tors 2019 Payments
The payment section on your TM Dashboard is now open and closes 2359hrs on the 31 January 2019.
Reminder of the costs:
Ten Tors Challenge £180 per team
Jubilee Challenge £15 per participant
As discussed on the TM Brief, we can only accept PayPal payments this year and once payment has been made it's non-refundable.
If assistance is required contact us via the TT mailbox email address:
Wed 19 Dec 2018 — Ten Tors Discounts
The discounts that companies are willing to give TT participants has been updated, they are displayed under the Infomation tab on this website.
Fri 7 Dec 2018 — Ten Tors 18 photos
If you would like to order offical photos from www.photo-fit.net from previous Ten Tors events as a Christmas present, the deadline is the 14th Dec 18. Downloads are instantaneous.
Thu 22 Nov 2018 — New Facebook site
As you may be aware, we have recently moved Ten Tors Facebook sites. No doubt there will be a few growing pains with the switch and I wanted to provide you with a few top tips to aid your use of the new site:
- Access the site from the Facebook link on the TT website page.
- There are 2 tabs 'About' and 'Discussion'.
- The 'About' tab provides general info about TT and allows you to share.
- The 'Discussion' tab allows you to make posts, like, comment etc.
If you have any issues or general observations, please don't hesitate to contact us via the TT mailbox e-mail address: TenTors-MAILBOX@mod.gov.uk
On a final note, we are eternally grateful for the many years of meritorious service that David Canon continues to provide Ten Tors, not the least of which has been his sterling work with the previous Ten Tors Facebook site.
Tue 30 Oct 2018 — Free Tents
As you are aware, Gift Your Gear supports Ten Tors and in addition to supplying us with personal clothing and equipment for our teams, it also co-ordinates the allocation of donated tents (both large and small). Simply use the link; here and follow the instructions (you will have to collect yourself).
Tue 16 Oct 2018 — Ten Tors 18 Team Awards
If your establishment was not awarded a Team Certificate after Ten Tors 18, please email the Ten Tors Secretary on TenTors-MAILBOX@mod.gov.uk.
Thu 11 Oct 2018 — Clothing and Equipment
The Manadatory Clothing and Equipment 2018 Annex B.
The Clothing and Equipment Guidance 2018 has been updated, it can be read here.
Fri 5 Oct 2018 — Additional Rules
A considerable amount of work has been conducted by the Ten Tors Committee, to ensure that the Ten Tors Rules are easier to understand by all participating in both the Ten Tors Challenge and the Jubilee Challenge. Below are number of cards with addition rules designed to assist with a safe Ten Tors Challenge 2019:
Pink Card – Rules for Participants
Orange Card – Rules for Team Staff
Green Card – Rules for Training on Dartmoor
These cards will explained during the Team Managers Brief, which is being held on the 13 Oct 2018.
Wed 3 Oct 2018 — Ten Tors Briefing Day
The Establishments selected to take part in Ten Tors 19 are listed here: http://www.tentors.org.uk/tentors/ten-tors-teams for the Ten Tors Challenge (TTC) and here: http://www.tentors.org.uk/jubilee/jubilee-challenge-teams for the Jubilee Challenge (JC). If you have not been allocated the place(s) you requested you will have been added to the Reserve List. We can accept teams from the reserve list as close as 3 weeks before the Event and in 2017 more than 50 teams originally on the reserve list took part.
The next step is to attend the mandatory Briefing Day on 13 Oct 18 at Okehampton Camp, EX20 1QP. Consider the following when choosing your representation:
- Representatives must be available in Okehampton Camp for the whole of the period 0900 – 1600 on 13 Oct 18; except in exceptional circumstances early departure will result in forfeiture of the Establishment’s place(s) on Ten Tors.
- Only one representative is permitted per Establishment.
- It is expected that Representatives will be present at Okehampton Camp for the duration of the Ten Tors Event in May 19.
- Attendance is mandatory even if Establishments are only on the Reserve List; exceptions will not be given.
The programme for the day can be found here. Please note that in contrast to previous years car passes will not be issued and there is no cost to attend the briefing.
What to do next:
- Read through the Ten Tors Rules here. These have been updated and therefore should be studied closely.
- Study the guidance Booklet (http://www.tentors.org.uk/training/managers-booklet ) noting that this is in the process of being updated.
- Print off the Assurance & Attendance Certificate here, arrange for completion and hand it in on arrival on 13 Oct 18.
- Ensure you allow plenty of time to travel to Okehampton Camp: the entrance will be busy! Also be aware that some GPS systems do not give accurate directions to the Camp so in the finest traditions of Ten Tors use them as an aid to navigation – the Camp is well signed from Okehampton Town Centre.
We look forward to seeing you at the Briefing and if you have any queries please email us at SWHQ-TenTors-MAILBOX@mod.gov.uk
Mon 1 Oct 2018 — Team and Individual Selections
The standard of entries was better this year but there are still problems with some. These are indicated in the Notes column of the Team List and the inclusion of the team in the query column. To have your team accepted, please make the changes necessary and inform the Ten Tors Secretary at SWHQ-TenTors-MAILBOX@mod.gov.uk , remembering to include your Establishment Code and name in the Subject, once you have done so.