TT Secretary's Notices
Fri 5 Oct 2018 — Additional Rules
A considerable amount of work has been conducted by the Ten Tors Committee, to ensure that the Ten Tors Rules are easier to understand by all participating in both the Ten Tors Challenge and the Jubilee Challenge. Below are number of cards with addition rules designed to assist with a safe Ten Tors Challenge 2019:
Pink Card – Rules for Participants
Orange Card – Rules for Team Staff
Green Card – Rules for Training on Dartmoor
These cards will explained during the Team Managers Brief, which is being held on the 13 Oct 2018.
Wed 3 Oct 2018 — Ten Tors Briefing Day
The Establishments selected to take part in Ten Tors 19 are listed here: http://www.tentors.org.uk/tentors/ten-tors-teams for the Ten Tors Challenge (TTC) and here: http://www.tentors.org.uk/jubilee/jubilee-challenge-teams for the Jubilee Challenge (JC). If you have not been allocated the place(s) you requested you will have been added to the Reserve List. We can accept teams from the reserve list as close as 3 weeks before the Event and in 2017 more than 50 teams originally on the reserve list took part.
The next step is to attend the mandatory Briefing Day on 13 Oct 18 at Okehampton Camp, EX20 1QP. Consider the following when choosing your representation:
- Representatives must be available in Okehampton Camp for the whole of the period 0900 – 1600 on 13 Oct 18; except in exceptional circumstances early departure will result in forfeiture of the Establishment’s place(s) on Ten Tors.
- Only one representative is permitted per Establishment.
- It is expected that Representatives will be present at Okehampton Camp for the duration of the Ten Tors Event in May 19.
- Attendance is mandatory even if Establishments are only on the Reserve List; exceptions will not be given.
The programme for the day can be found here. Please note that in contrast to previous years car passes will not be issued and there is no cost to attend the briefing.
What to do next:
- Read through the Ten Tors Rules here. These have been updated and therefore should be studied closely.
- Study the guidance Booklet (http://www.tentors.org.uk/training/managers-booklet ) noting that this is in the process of being updated.
- Print off the Assurance & Attendance Certificate here, arrange for completion and hand it in on arrival on 13 Oct 18.
- Ensure you allow plenty of time to travel to Okehampton Camp: the entrance will be busy! Also be aware that some GPS systems do not give accurate directions to the Camp so in the finest traditions of Ten Tors use them as an aid to navigation – the Camp is well signed from Okehampton Town Centre.
We look forward to seeing you at the Briefing and if you have any queries please email us at SWHQ-TenTors-MAILBOX@mod.gov.uk
Mon 1 Oct 2018 — Team and Individual Selections
The standard of entries was better this year but there are still problems with some. These are indicated in the Notes column of the Team List and the inclusion of the team in the query column. To have your team accepted, please make the changes necessary and inform the Ten Tors Secretary at SWHQ-TenTors-MAILBOX@mod.gov.uk , remembering to include your Establishment Code and name in the Subject, once you have done so.
Fri 14 Sep 2018 — Ten Tors 18 photos
Ten Tors 18 photos are still available from www.Photo-fit.net
Thu 30 Aug 2018 — Entries for the Ten Tors Challenge and Jubilee Challenge 2019
Entries for the Ten Tors Challenge and Jubilee Challenge must be submitted by Team Managers between Thur 30 Aug and 2359 hours Tue 25 Sep. Entry Instructions are Here
Mon 23 Jul 2018 — Ten Tors 19 Key Dates & Entry Fees
TT19 Key Dates
|Entries Submitted||30 Aug to 2359 hours Tue 25 Sep|
|Selection Published||Fri 28 Sep 2018|
|Team Managers' Briefing||Sat 13 Oct 2018|
|Payments||3 to 31 Jan 2019|
|Pre-Registration||Wed 3 Apr 2019 to 2359 hours Wed 1 May 2019|
|(May Public Holiday Mon)||6 May 2019|
|Ten Tors Event||Fri 10 - Sun 12 May 2019|
TT19 Entry Fees
The Ten Tors Policy Committee has agreed that the entry fees for Ten Tors 2019 and 2020 shall be:
Ten Tors Challenge £180.00 for each team.
Jubilee Challenge £15.00 for each participant.
Thu 12 Jul 2018 — Ten Tors 18 Cloth Badges
We thought that the Ten Tors community might be interested to hear that Tavistock & District Youth Forum have, as a private venture, produced a quantity of 2018 date badges that are available to purchase here: TT 18 year cloth badges